Rio Tinto’s Silvergrass East iron ore mine in Western Australia’s West Pilbara region has been operating since 2017 and has added a further 10 million tonnes to the company’s production capacity. Rio Tinto commissioned new non-process facilities at the mine’s services area and at the Nammuldi Central Mine services area. The scope of work included:
- A HME workshop extension;
- New light vehicle workshop;
- Upgraded LME refuelling facility; and
- A new bulk fuel storage and refuelling facility.
CNF was brought on board by EIG Australia to complete the electrical, instrumentation and control systems design, program and commissioning.
The systems included:
- Two HME lubrication racks;
- Four LV lubrication racks;
- Five 200kL diesel storage tanks;
- Unloading and dispensing pumps;
- Motor control centre;
- Field instrumentation;
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and panel;
- HMI displays;
- Rack control panels; and
- Tank gauging system.