Hazeldenes Chickens operates a large chicken processing plant near Bendigo, Victoria. To keep at the forefront of industry trends, the Hazeldenes team sought to introduce oxygen rich Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) for its pre-packed product range. This process has great benefit for consumers as it keeps the chicken products fresh. But it creates an oxygen rich atmosphere within the packing hall, which creates a hazardous area which requires countermeasures and appropriately rated equipment.
Hazeldenes contacted CNF at short notice to undertake an in-plant audit and to provide direction for the installation so that site works could proceed promptly and meet production deadlines.
After an on-site audit, CNF was responsible for:
- Providing guidance for the new works.
- Providing a roadmap to guide the installation works.
- Reviewing the requirements of oxygen enriched atmospheres (OEA) and parameters of the packaging equipment that had been purchased for the new production line.
- Reviewing the completed installation for compliance to the guidelines.
- Ensuring the completed works were correct and compliant.