Papua New Guinea’s Jackson International Airport in Port Moresby is the largest and busiest in the country, serving both local and international aircraft. It is also the main hub for national airline, Air Niugini.
PNG National Airports Corporation built a new fuel facility that stores and delivers Jet A1 aviation fuel to aircraft via:
- A 3½ km underground piping system to several fixed points (ie Fuel Hydrant Pits) on the apron;
- Refueler trucks, to aircraft parked away from the fixed points.
The facility includes:
- Two 3ML bulk tanks;
- Containment bund;
- 2-off bridger (tanker) loading point;
- A refueler truck unloading point;
- 4-off fuel hydrant pumps; and
- A refueler truck testing facility.
CNF was employed to:
- Develop the Control Narrative to operate the fuel facility.
- Undertake the detailed design and check of the tank foundations.
- Undertake the electrical, controls and automation design and testing.
- Programming and testing the PLC and SCADA.
- Commissioning the completed fuel facility.