The Schools Infrastructure Division within the Department of Education was planning a significant upgrade to the Wadalba Community School – a major regional school on NSW’s Central Coast. The upgrade included:
- Complete gutting and refurbishment of an existing building;
- Construction of a block of three, single storey buildings; and
- Construction of a pair of two storey buildings.
Given the short time frame and the limited availability of detailed architect’s concept sketches, Schools Infrastructure approached CNF to design and develop the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems needed as part of the major upgrade.
As part this, CNF:
- Prepared the electrical design for each building, including provision for Building Codes of Australia (BCA) Section J Energy Monitoring.
- Identified that the site needed a new main switchboard and electrical supply kiosk to provide the significantly increased electrical load.