The Hydrogen Liquefaction and Loading Terminal (HLLT) is a world first pilot for the liquefaction and transport of hydrogen. The terminal is equipped to convert hydrogen gas to liquid hydrogen. It is then stored in a purpose built vessel and loaded onto a specialised ship for transport to Japan.
CNF’s multidisciplinary team provided expertise in process, mechanical, electrical and civil designs. Providing in excess of 40,000 engineering hours, CNF became an integral part of the Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) design team and assisted by:
- Undertaking Front End Engineering Designs;
- Developing detailed design packages;
- Preparing safety studies;
- Preparing component specifications;
- Managing construction and support onsite;
- Overseeing the progress, quality and safety of the terminal construction.