Unity Water, water and wastewater provider for the new town development of Aura on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, requested a detailed analysis for energy saving and carbon offset initiatives. Its aim was to better understand the costs and benefits. KBR, Unity Water’s planning partner for this project, engaged CNF to produce the detailed Environmental Initiatives Analysis.
CNF’s analysis included:
- Drinking Water Reservoir
- Feasibility of an off-line reservoir with on-site hypo generation.
- Sewage Pump Station
- Replacement of on-site diesel generator with battery system back-up.
- Simulate the use of battery to reduce peak demand charges.
- Examine PV solar impact on pump station electricity cost.
- Examine high level feasibility of standalone (off-grid) pump station.